- Check out this call for submissions over on Racialicious, penned by Latoya Peterson, who starts off her blog post saying "I’ve been reading articles about sex a long, long time. And yet, far too many discussions of sex, love, and whatever else tend to be dominated by one perspective – young, white women." The call out is below:
So here’s the first official call. Entries are due November 30th, 2010, and we will start running the pieces in November and December. Sexual Correspondent Andrea Plaid is co-editing, and we are hoping for a huge mix of participants.
What are we looking for?
Anything really. But for those of you who need a prompt, here are some things like I would like to see:
- General commentary on sex and dating
- First times
- Discussions of abstinence and virginity
- The construction of masculinity and how that impacts dating, love, and sex
- Racial stereotypes/perceptions and their impact on your sex life
- Being part of a “sexless” class and how that impacts dating, love, and sex
Guidelines are the same as general Racialicious ones.
Submissions can be in any format – would love to see poems, erotica, comics, illustrations, video, and audio, as well as straight text. Please include a transcript with video/audio. Anonymity can be arranged – the best way I can see it to upload your file to a drop.io, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and just use a fake email address. But we can figure that out as we go.
Questions, comments, please leave them down below.
And with that, we look forward to reading.