Sunday, April 11, 2010

Confessions



Confession number one: I googled "Heidi Montag Plastic Surgery" tonight. But why!??? You may be wondering. You see, I had a girl crush on Heidi when the hills first came out and I was disturbed and also fascinated by the bizarre transformation she underwent. But I can tell you this: My girl crush has evaporated along with all that was natural about Heidi.

Confession number two: I also watched videos of Heidi discussing her operation. I GOT SUCKED IN, like the fat on Heidi's leg that was injected into her bum cheeks.

Confession number three:
Youtube led me to watch this video posted above of Lauren Conrad on Lettermen. It made me so uncomfortable!! The guy started talking about her alleged sex tape and the tension through the screen was so intense I felt I could cut right through it with a knife. (Insert Heidi Montag Botched Surgery Pun HERE)

The reason I am posting this video is because I like how when the interviewer makes a pervy comment, Lauren clearly shows discomfort, and makes the interviewer crawl into his skin. The rest of the interview is awkward and cringe-worthy, but who cares? And although Lauren could have been more verbal, I like how she allowed the moment to get weird, instead of just letting t it roll away and disappear into the "DAMN that made me so uncomfortable and mad! I wish i said something or did something to let them know that was not okay" category of her brain.

Confession number four: It's something I'd really like to work on myself.

I really can't see myself getting so antsy about a sex tape...but If it were me on the show (live television eeeek) and he made a pervy comment, I would probably laugh it off and make a joke about seeing him naked or something, a comment which would make it possible to avoid dealing with the uncomfortable feelings brewing inside of me. I think this video serves as a good reminder to face oppressive comments straight on no matter where I am or who I am with. To engage discussion and thoughtfully address whats ticking me off.

I find Lauren Conrad as boring as a doornob for most of this video (can't she say anything interesting?) But at least she sticks to her guns...if looks could kill the guy would have been dead on the spot.)

-Jenny

No comments: