Like your activism served up fun? Interested in participating in street dance (low-impact + awesome to watch)? Then get "marche-ing"! Check out the hilarious video above where Anna the street dance choreography trains a few dance leaders what to do the day of the walk/dance!
Head and Hands is putting together a sexy street dance team for Ca Marche, the Farha Foundation's annual walk for AIDS prevention and care, on September 21st, 2008. Starting at Place du Canada (Peel & Rene-Levesque), we'll be dancercizing all the way around downtown Montreal to raise awareness about how HIV/AIDS affects our community, and raise money for education programs like H&H's Sense Project that help prevent the spread.
Last year we raised over $5,000 for the Sense Project, Head and Hands' innovative, youth-led sex education project. This year, we need to raise $7,000 to get Sense into more French schools, translate our sexual health resources, and train more peer educators!
- You can help out by joining our online fundraising team at http://my.e2rm.com/TeamPage.aspx?TSID=195885, throwing a Back-to-School Sex Ed party, hosting a benefit concert or movie night, and most importantly, joining us on Sept. 21st for the dance party/AIDS walk of the century!
- Since 50% of surveyed grade 9 students think that there is a cure for AIDS, and half of all AIDS cases among women and children in Canada are found in Quebec, it's time to make sex education a priority! Help us spread the message that the fight against AIDS is NOT over!
- Even if you can't join us for Ca Marche, you can still sponsor our team online by going to the above link. Remember, every donation is an expression of your commitment to youth-friendly, non-judgmental, comprehensive sex education in Quebec classrooms. You can give $5, $10, $20, or $50 - every contribution counts!!
- If you do not have a credit card but would like to make a donation please drop by Head& Hands (5833 Sherbrooke Ouest). If you want to get involved with Ca Marche or if you have a fabulous fundraising idea, contact Nikki at firstname.lastname@example.org or (514) 481-0277.
- ALTERNATELY, you can sponsor me, Amber!, here is my page yo. Much appreciated!!