Tuesday, November 04, 2008

GenderAnalyzer for blogs...why?

Of course, our blog is written by a variety of genders, but all the same we stumbled across GenderAnalyzer.com and plugged in our blog address. See the results here. Sticking to the binary, I see.

They say:
"We created Genderanalyzer out of curiosity and fun. It uses Artificial Intelligence to determine if a homepage is written by a man or woman. Behind the scene, a text classifier hosted over at uClassify.com has been trained on 2000 blogs written by men and women. In our lab it seems to works pretty well, we want to see how it performs on the web! We hope you like it!"

2 comments:

Tessa said...

I'd be curious to know what words it looks for to determine gender. My blog came up male as well, and I identify as female.

When I just checked, out of almost 5000 people who replied to the question, "Did GenderAnalyzer give the correct result for your blog?" 44% said that the analyzer was wrong for them.

Kathleen, Frisky Freelancer said...

More importantly, what's our blog's ethnicity? I want RacialAnalyzer for blogs!!!