Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Skillz!

Learning brand new skillz is so awesome.

This past weekend, I laid out the fifth edition of Subversions: Journal of Gender and Sexuality in Indesign--I program I had absolutely no experience with prior to last Tuesday. Of course, I didn't do it alone, and I have to thank the amazing ladies who where there and willing to share their design experience with me.

Taking on a project that was outside of my skill set and then having people there to teach me how to do it myself has been incredibly empowering and it also really hit home the value of skill sharing within communities.

Seriously, I'm so high on this, right now, and I have a new, passionate geek-love affair with found images and a beautiful journal to boot.

Check out the Ste-Emilie SkillShare website for upcoming workshops.

No comments: